Cadence Management Corporation Scholarship for Pre-Selected Educators or Nonprofits/NGOs
The following training scholarship offered by Cadence Management Corporation is available only to primary/secondary school teachers and nonprofit/NGO staff who are pre-selected by the PMI Educational Foundation (PMIEF). This fundamentals of project management training enables educators and nonprofit/NGO staff to help children and youth build 21st century skills through the implementation of project-based learning experiences. In addition, for nonprofits/NGOs, the training provides project management skills development that aid the organization in the delivery of services and fulfillment of mission.
Description – Project Management Essentials – Three-Day Course
Project Management Essentials, sponsored by Cadence Management Corporation, is offered to outstanding educators and nonprofit/NGO leaders who are pre-selected for participation by the PMI Educational Foundation (PMIEF). This professional development opportunity enables participants to enhance classroom/program learning or organizational competencies through the development of project management skills.
This course will give participants the skills they need to use project management tools and implement a project-based learning culture in the classroom or group program. And, it is designed to increase the project/program management capacity of nonprofit/NGO leaders and, thus, help to ensure organizational success.
It is focused on what is needed today to get projects started and to give participants a sense of control and confidence. Attendees will: learn pragmatic techniques to complete more projects on-time and on-budget; understand how to overcome the obstacles to project success; and, use effective communication techniques to proactively identify issues, set expectations and make productive project modifications.
The Cadence approach is to keep it practical and simple. Participants are actively involved in the training through workshops, exercises and group discussions. They are immediately encouraged to apply the lessons learned to their real projects. The team building workshops use proven tools and techniques that can be directly applied to the classroom/program environment or to organizational capacity building. Course content is aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) developed by the Project Management Institute.
- With a sense of confidence and control, participants will develop and implement a project plan
- A decrease in the level of frustration on your projects
- A project plan based on the organization’s REAL projects
- Development of expert strategies for managing and empowering teams
- Development of the understanding of the power of influence, accountability, and authority
- Development of strategies for effective and efficient communication across teams, departments or districts
- Development of the understanding of the power of meeting cost, schedule, and performance
- Receipt of a Cadence Certificate of Completion for successful course completion.
- Upon completion, participants are eligible to receive 24 education contact hours needed in application for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) credential awarded by the Project Management Institute.
Audience: PMIEF pre-selected schools/school systems/nonprofits and NGOs
Duration: Three (03) days
Class size: Maximum of 30 participants
For More Information: Although this three-day course is currently only available to organizations pre-selected by Cadence Management, your organization can learn more about potential project management group training, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For project management training available to individuals seeking professional development opportunities, please see PMIEF Professional Development Scholarships.
Make a gift to PMIEF
End the year by helping youth around the globe!