- Applications submitted by the published deadline will be reviewed by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee to ensure applicants receive full consideration and meet all requirements.
- Applicants will be evaluated based on academic performance at the current or most recently attended high school (secondary school), college, university or other academic institution, as stated in the applicant’s transcript. Higher GPAs will be given more favorable consideration.
- The Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee will use a point system to rank applicants in regard to qualification on the basis of materials provided in the scholarship application, including transcripts, resume, essay, and references.
- Scholarships will be awarded in a manner that matches the higher dollar award with the better qualified applicant who meets all the requisite criteria.
- All scholarship applicants are screened against the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN) of the United States Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control. PMIEF requires all members of the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee to review the PMIEF Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Policies and complete and sign the PMIEF Confidentiality Agreement and the PMIEF Conflict of Interest forms prior to performing any review of scholarship applications or other related duties.
- Each member of the Scholarship Applicant Evaluation Committee must identify any conflicts of interest that arise at any time, including without limitation during the evaluation and ranking of applicants. Where a conflict of interest may exist, the Committee member with the conflict shall excuse himself or herself from the evaluation process.
- All decisions by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee are final.