- Applications submitted by the published deadline are reviewed by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee to ensure applicants who meet all requirements receive full consideration.
- Applicants are evaluated based on academic performance at the current or most recently attended high school (secondary school), college, university or other academic institution, as stated in the applicant’s transcript. Higher GPAs are given more favorable consideration.
- The Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee uses a point system to rank applicant qualifications based on materials provided in the scholarship application. Consideration is given to the student's transcripts, resume, essay, and references. Scholarships are awarded in a manner that matches higher dollar awards with the most qualified applicants who meet all requisite criteria.
- All scholarship applicants are screened against the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN) of the United States Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- PMIEF requires all members of the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee to review, complete and sign the PMIEF Confidentiality Agreement and the PMIEF Conflict of Interest form prior to performing any review of scholarship applications or other related duties.
- Each member of the Scholarship Applicant Evaluation Committee must identify any conflicts of interest that arise at any time, including without limitation, conflicts that may occur during the evaluation and ranking of applicants. Where a conflict of interest may exist, the Committee member with the conflict shall excuse himself or herself from the evaluation process.
- All decisions by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee are final.