The Project Management Institute Educational Foundation Academic Scholarship Program is designed to financially assist qualified applicants in obtaining degrees from accredited academic institutions of higher learning in the field of project management or any field with any relation to project management. The program is open to any student preparing to enter or already attending an accredited degree-granting college or university and pursuing a bachelor, masters or doctoral degree.
The scholarships are awarded based on merit as measured by academic performance and extracurricular activities. The applicant’s intended field of study is also considered in the evaluation process with preference given to those candidates pursuing a degree in project management or a directly related field of study.
- Scholarships are limited to use at an accredited degree granting institution of higher learning
- Candidates applying for more than one scholarship must submit one Application Form for all scholarships, including the two essays which can be found in the Application Form. Any candidate selected for an award will receive only one scholarship annually
- Only one copy of the official transcript, résumé and reference letters needs to be provided, even if candidates are applying for more than one scholarship
- Scholarships are paid directly to the candidate based on written acknowledgment that the scholarship award will be used for the intended purpose
- Scholarships are open to any student entering or attending an accredited degree granting institution. Evidence of enrollment is required
- Full-time and part-time studies are both eligible for consideration
- Project Management Institute (PMI®) members holding elected or appointed offices at the global PMI level, PMI Educational Foundation Board Directors and PMI employees, along with members of their immediate family (regardless of membership in PMI) are not eligible for these scholarships
- Application deadline is 01 June each year; award recipient(s) will be notified in August. The scholarships will be awarded no later than September
- All scholarships are subject to annual funds availability through direct donations or through actual and/or accrued interest earnings from endowments
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or state of physical handicap